Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More Awesome Food!!

Okay, so it may be hard to see from this picture, but the head liners for this little food stand at the Orange County Fair are as follows:

Deep Fired Twinkies
- I've actually had the pleasure of eating these before. They are very tasty, and one of the only foods you can actually feel making you fat. Pretty cool!

Deep Fried Veggies - Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Deep Fried Avocados - Woah! That's new. I wonder how they pull this one off. They must be using under ripe avocados or something. I bet they are tasty tho...

Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich - Great Ceasars Ghost! A chicken sandwich on a Krispy Kreme doughnut?!?!? I have never even thought to think of such a wonderous and mysterious food creation. How do you eat it? How is the chicken cooked? Are there condiments? This one really baffles me. So, naturally I'll hit the web to discover more...

So the idea of using Krispy Kreme doughnuts as buns for your sandwitch is not new it seems. Enter the Luther Burger! Snopes Wikipedia & Urbanhonking all jump right into the subject. The short version is that one day R&B Legend Luther Vandros was making a cheese burger and did not have any buns, so he used a couple of doughnuts. Now I can love the man and his music!

This is so awesome that I will be making these my next BBQ. Its a shame I'll be forced to use Krispy Kreme's that are not fresh... (the Krispy Kreme in the Pru closed... damn fine location too...)

Pip pip!
(my blog is totally roaring these days... its too hot to go outside!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's worth waiting three weeks for...Hail to the KK.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jon! said...

I aim to please.... and for the toilet seat.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home